Tuesday, January 01, 2008

What a year for a new year

Well I made it through 2007 having been to the theaters 41 times, so now it is time for my year-end recap. You can follow the links to my original reviews.

Top 5 Films of 2007. You can follow the links to my original reviews.
#1: "Gone Baby Gone"
#2: "The Mist"
#3: "Lars and The Real Girl"
#4: "Reign Over Me"
#5: "Superbad" (I feel like this movie maybe shouldn't be here, but it was the only movie I went to more than once."

Honorable Mention: "Once"

Worst Movie of 2007:
Going back though the list of 41 I came across a few films that still anger the blood for having been viewed. Horrendous achievements like "300" and "Dreamgirls," but no film was worse than
"Pirates of The Caribbean: At Worlds End." The only film this year that caused a near walk out. So incredible bad that I just want to go out side and burn down the first video store or movie theater I see. Ahh. AHH! I'm just angry writing this. This must stop. it's time for a new year.

Enjoy This New Years Gift: Dan Wilson "What A Year For A New Year"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Reign over Me top 5 huh? I went to that movie with a huge glass flask of whiskey. It was awesome.

I saw Spiderman 3 last week. That was the worst movie I saw last year. I also saw Sunshine and really liked it, but I'd say No Country for Old Men was my favorite.

I want to see Gone Baby Gone, The Mist, Once and The Kite Runner. I found this website (watch-movies.net) where you can watch pirated movies. Though the quality is at best 80%.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I really want to see There Will Be Blood. Daniel Day Lewis is fantastic.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Randy said...

Mark,

My brother-in-law wanted to see "There Will Be Blood" when he was in MN for the holidays. It only had one showing at the Lagoon at Midnight on a Saturday night and then it left town.

Hopefully MN'ers won't have to wait until DVD.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Justin -

Finally catching your blog after seeing it umpteen times as your email tag. I recently saw Lars and the Real Girl at the Riverview Theatre in SE Mpls and loved it. It was a bizarre but ultimately endearing little film. I'll check out the others you recommend too.

-Beth

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home