Saturday, January 22, 2005

Whew That was Awesome

well for those of you who didn't hear, I won two tickets to an invite-only Cake show tonight at Martyrs (chicago) Here is the set list as close as i can remember. I have all the right songs, but they may not be in the right order in the middle
Frank Sinatra
wheels
sheep go to heaven
Comanche
Nugget
Daria
comfort eagle
Excuse Me But I Have a Heartache (buck owens cover)
carbon monoxide
never there
The Distance

(Encore)
guitar
no phone

It was an incredibly fun but short show. Though there weren't many songs, John Mcrae had a lot of witty banter between most every songs, and they did audience sing alongs numerous times. The highlight was when he singled me out for No Phone, because I have a big beard and a cowboy hat, and compared me to men long ago, who did whatever they could to not communicate, but now we are harnesed with cell phones. To which I replied that I don't own one, because I don't. Which he then repeated to everyone. They then went into having all the men sing loudly the chorus, then have the women repeating it back. It was a great show.

here are some photos, and yes I know the dates are wrong,I should shut that feature off, because it resets whenever you take the battery out.


As you can see the captain was there also

Here are a few of Cake. The are not great, but you weren't there to do better, besides it hard to take a picture when you are rocking out.

John Mcrae collects and plays 3/4 length guitars


notice John Mcrae's tiny Marshall amp to the right of him, proof you don't Need a Marshall Stack to ROCK out.


here he is holding up his second favorite instrument. I don't know what it is, but it has a ball that hits against a cowbell looking thing and sounds like a rattle snake.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home