Saturday, December 18, 2004

Coffee Crazed

http://www.millstone.com/pages/ourcoffees/OurCoffees.jsp?Section=Flavored&Coffee=HolidayPeppermint
So Millstone brand coffee makes this great holiday peppermint coffee. I have purchased this the last couple of years, but rarely buy any of there other stuff. I went to Jewel a few weeks ago to pick some up. To my surprise I found that they had cancelled there contract with Millstone, and were now getting some other coffee, who did not stock a peppermint coffee. I drove around and checked a few more Jewels and realized that this was a chain-wide decision not individual store. I sat and pondered this for about a week, when I realized that I think Cub Foods carries it. So I thought, let's check it out. This is a little more of a challenge than some of you may think. Cub Foods doesn't really have a large chunk of the grocery market here, and has only one northside location with sporadic suburb locations. I first drove to skokie to check there. I found that they did in fact have it, but that the wholeself-serve bin was empty. I asked but they had none in back.
Next Store: Arlington Heights.
I was shopping in the area or so I thought, so i decided to journey there. It was 30 minutes further away than I had expected. Turns out that Arlington Heights is a farely large city. Anyway they had two bins there. Both empty. I asked the manager and it seems that a Millstone Vender supplies them when ever he comes. They do not actually have any onsite.
Next Store: Lombard
I was at work and happened to drive buy this. I stopped in and they had one bin... empty.
Next store:
Chicago Northside
After the advanced screening of Life Aquatic thursday, Me, Von, and Bigtime went to the store to check it out. Low and Behold they had one bin with just a little left. I shook it until I could get every last bean out. It equalled one half pound of pure gold.
I am rationing it out as we speak and have made my first pot just now. Wouldn't you know it, as if it was someone's sick joke. I have made it too weak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home