Monday, October 25, 2004

My New Bass Guitar


0136208_md
Originally uploaded by flyin j.
for those of you who have not heard the story yet I will condense it and you can ask me for the long version if you'd like.
Sunday was my first time playing in the praise band at church on bass. I do not have a bass so the church let me borrow theirs. After the service a guy came up to me and asked if I needed one. I said that I didn't own my own and that I was currently borrowing one. He then told me to stop by his place on my way home, and he would give me his bass that he didn't use anymore.
So I now am the owner of a Fender Fretless Standard Jazz Bass. It needs a few minor repairs ie. a new nut, strings, nobs, and tone pot. I went to Guitar Center to get these items. being a pretty normal model of guitar I didn't find it necessary to tobring it along. Apparently this was the wrong thing to do since the guy sent me home with the wrong tone-pot, knobs, and nut. Now I have to make another trip there. Oh well it's a small inconvenience in the large scheme of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home