Friday, September 09, 2005

On Adrenaline Overdrive

I just went out to where my wife keeps her bike locked up while she is at work and arrived just after a guy had stolen the tire off of it. I saw her bike missing the tire. I jumped out of my car to check it out and walked by this homeless guy on a bike pulling a trailer. I looked down and saw a 3-speed bike tire on it. I ran up to Hispanic people waiting for the bus and asked if either had seen the guy take it, Neither had or maybe didn't understand what I was asking. I jumped into my car, ran a red light and chased him down and cut him off. I jumped out of the car and ran up to him, and stated clearly that maybe he outta give back my bike tire. I then grabbed it off his bike and jumped into my car and drove home. It happened about twenty minutes ago and my heart is still racing and adrenaline is still moving through me. My mind is racing with all sorts of thoughts...Mostly irrational and unhealthy ones. I need to calm down.

4 Comments:

Blogger ambercolleencollins said...

take a deep breath!

Wow! That's crazy!!!!!!
Look at you all knight in shining armour!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you had stayed and he wanted to make something of it, could you have taken him?

Randy

7:50 PM  
Blogger Flyin J said...

Yeah I suppose since I had adrenaline on my side, and he was a scrawny hobo. Its not really the most healthy way to deal with things however. I'm a lover not a fighter.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Fickle216 said...

So was it her tire? who steals a tire? ....I guess a hobo. did you feel like you were on fear factor with Joe Rogen? was he yelling at you in your brain? Come on Justin! Steal that tire from the hobo!!!! .....sorry i watch to much t.v.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home