Sunday, October 23, 2011

#11 Real Steel



I can tell you this. Not a dry eye in the house. A heart-warming story where father abandons son, but then gets him back, and then sells him for 100K to his step-uncle, but not before they create a giant robot to fight in the high stakes realm of World Robot Fighting. I know we've all seen this movie before. I mean how many films have used this exact same plot.

But what sets this one apart are the little things... like Danny Elfman's powerful, yet strangely familiar, score. Was that "Shiloh" by Neil Diamond, or Hugh Jackman's James Cagney-like accent, and the knowledge that, in the future, all computers look like Tron-like tablets.

To be serious for a moment though I must say, and this pains me... this movie was way better than it should have been.

Real Steel
Recommended

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home